McTalks is an Inspirational/Motivational Speaker Series
Celebrating the People of McAllen
Making It an Incredible Place to Live, Learn, & Lead
…A partnership of McAllen ISD, City of McAllen,
McAllen Chamber of Commerce,
McAllen Economic Development Corporation, and
McAllen Education Foundation
Inaugural McTalks took place on April 15, 2016 – Watch Here.
In preparation for the next event, McTalks is calling for audition videos that deliver inspirational/motivational messages on one of the following topics:
- The importance of community service.
- Why a true champion is led by his heart.
- How you can be a champion for your community.
- How McAllen Schools have championed your life.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Record a video message using your phone or other device.
- Limit the length of the video to 2 minutes or less. (If chosen, the actual presentation can be longer.)
- Post it on YouTube.
- Click Here to Submit Your Video
(or email the YouTube link to email@example.com)
Deadline is 6 p.m. on Monday, July 18th.
McTalks intends to select an elementary student, middle school student, high school student, alumni, parent, employee and/or member of the community. Presently, plans are to have these individuals speak when all school district employees and community leaders come together on Monday, August 15th. These messages may also be utilized in commercials on local media.
Students, staff, parents, alumni, and other members of the community are encouraged to audition.
Bottom line, we believe we have inspiring people within our own community who deserve a platform to deliver their stories.
Questions/concerns? Call 956-618-6023 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.