Strategy 5: Partnerships with Business/Civic/Education Organizations
We will develop and strengthen bonds with the business, education and civic community to provide engaging learning opportunities.
5.1 Create reciprocal partnerships with educational, business and civic entities to develop internship programs.
5.2 Create formalized agreements with educational, business and civic entities to develop mentorship programs.
5.3 Utilize a broad range of media to communicate real-time district opportunities, which encompass job, academic, business partnership and district activities.
5.4 Utilize a variety of authentic learning venues expanding the educational classroom to include field experiences and enrichment programs during the calendar year.
Year 1 – Selected Specific Results
While all the specific results listed under each goal are important, the strategic design team selected the following specific results to be accomplished in year one.
5.3 Utilize a broad range of media to communicate real-time district opportunities, which would encompass jobs, academic, business partnerships, and district activities.
- Research media used by district consumers, peers and competitors.
- Communicate via multiple modes who is the point person for equity in student support services to provide accessibility to all programs and student activities.
- Establish multiple feedback avenues for the public coordinated through one central person.
- Provide process clarity through a student handbook, and through flow-charts for departments and campus.
- Establish orientation procedures for new students and parents, such as welcome packets per campus.
- Make communication a point of evaluation for campus and central administration leaders through a performance measurement system.
- Develop minimum standards to increase family engagement through the creation of interactive activities that produce meaningful open communication lines between teachers, students and parent/guardians.