Welcome Teachers & Staff
The role of the teacher is paramount and, in McAllen, we proudly value our highly competent teaching professionals as the core of real learning. Our teachers embrace the children of our community—nurturing them with integrity, professionalism, and a passion for education.
Every day, they bring to our classrooms a deep-rooted knowledge base and a can-do attitude, inspiring the kind of classroom dynamics that makes all the difference in the world.
Our collective McAllen ISD family–counselors, librarians, nurses, administrators, paraprofessional staff, food services workers, bus drivers, maintenance and repair crews, and others—is diligent about providing the support our students need to be successful.
Our education professionals are true leaders and pioneers in their fields.
A Traditions of Leadership
- 100% of our teachers are officially certified by Texas as “Highly Qualified”.
- 18 teachers capture Regional and State Teacher of the Year titles in 21 years.
- Our teachers are among the first in the entire country to utilize mobile technological devices to transform learning.
- Our teachers are among those who lead the world in learning new methods for inquiry-based, student-centered instruction.
- Our teachers have been here, on average, nearly 11 years – well above the state average.*