Out-of-District Transfer Information
Out-of-district transfers are governed by policy FDA (LOCAL) and are subject to a transfer agreement that must be renewed annually.
- Application for out-of-district transfer is subject to approval based on policy FDA (LOCAL) and established rules and guidelines set forth in this transfer agreement.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must provide a copy of their child’s attendance and disciplinary record as part of the application.
- If transfer is approved, McAllen ISD will assign the student to a designated campus based on policy FDA (LOCAL) and established rules and guidelines set forth in this transfer agreement.
- If requested by the Principal, the parent(s)/guardian(s) and student(s) must meet with the designated campus Principal.
- Transportation to and from school is the parent/guardian's responsibility.
- Falsification of information is a Class A Misdemeanor as per Sec. 37.10, Penal Code and subject to fees rendered under T.E.C. Sec. 25.001 (h).
- A copy of the UIL eligibility requirements for academic, music, and athletic competition will be provided. Specific eligibility questions should be directed to the McAllen ISD Athletic Director.
- Out-of-district transfers cannot be revoked before the end of the school year; but might not be renewed for the following school year if the student fails to abide by the conditions set forth in this agreement and FDA (LOCAL) Policy.
The Superintendent or designee will determine whether the condition(s) are met.
Attendance & Discipline Conditions
- The student will be held accountable to consequences of any attendance or discipline infractions.
- The student will maintain a satisfactory discipline record that must not include an assignment to a DAEP.
- The student will maintain a satisfactory attendance record that does not exceed nine (9) absences in one year. (These absences count from the time the student becomes a transfer. Absences that occur prior to the transfer status are not counted toward this threshold.)
Transfers are approved until the child completes the highest-grade level at the assigned campus; but that annual renewal is based upon the attendance and discipline criteria set forth in this agreement and FDA (Local) Policy.