State and Federal Programs
The Office of State and Federal Programs supports the successful implementation of Title I funds, with the purpose of increasing, and improving student performance in the McAllen Independent School District.
The Office of State and Federal Programs aspires to serve as the model to assist schools in removing the bonds of failure by implementing programs to educate our district's children, so they can achieve and exceed the state's challenging academic standards. Some of the major components for our Title I schools are:
- Ensuring that planning for service to students is incorporated into the existing school planning process;
- Using effective instructional strategies that give primary consideration to increasing the amount and quality of learning time and providing a high quality curriculum;
- Providing instruction by highly qualified staff
- Providing opportunities for high-quality professional development; and
- Providing strategies to increase parental involvement.