Board Meeting Agendas
As a reminder, all regular board meetings posted for 5:00 p.m. are scheduled to allow the Board of Trustees to conduct the closed session portion of the meeting between 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. The regular business portion of the meeting, for the public, is scheduled to begin at approximately 6:00 p.m.
MISD Board of Trustees
McAllen ISD School Board meets in the Administration Bldg. on 2000 North 23rd Street in McAllen. For more information, call 618-6094.
Pursuant to Texas Statutes § 551.043 and § 551.051, the McAllen Independent School District posts the official notice of a Board meeting on a bulletin board near the main entrance on the west side of the district’s central office located at 2000 North 23rd Street where it remains for at least 72 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting.
Though not required by law, the school district also posts its board meeting agendas on the district’s internet web site as a community service. The posting of any notice of a Board meeting on the McAllen I.S.D. web site should not be considered as the official announcement for a meeting of the district’s Board of Trustees. The official notice of a Board meeting will be posted on a bulletin board near the main entrance on the west side of the district’s central office located at 2000 North 23rd Street where it will remain for at least 72 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting.
All McAllen Independent School District Board of Trustee meetings are open to the public. Texas law permits the Board of Trustees to convene in closed session for discussion of property acquisition, personnel issues, security matters or consultation with attorneys. Board of Trustee meetings are live streamed on MITV – Channel 17, Ustream, or via one of the other public access channels on the cable system serving the McAllen area.
Following the second monthly meeting, held on the fourth Monday of the month, the Board shall hold a special meeting to hear no more than 60 minutes of citizen communications that have not been designated on the agenda pursuant to BE(LOCAL). Each individual citizen who desires to address the Board during the open forum portion of the agenda may do so by following the steps listed below:
- Persons desiring to make a statement to the Board shall be required to register with the Superintendent’s Secretary by 5:00 p.m. of the day of the scheduled meeting.
- The person making the request shall complete a registration card that includes the person’s name, address, telephone number, and the specific subject matter to be presented by that person during the open forum.
REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Addressing the Board Procedures
The McAllen Independent School District Board of Trustees appreciates your input and requests that you follow the procedures below:
- To request to address a comment to the Board Trustee with respect to one (1) or more items on the agenda of the Board of Trustees you must complete the "REQUEST TO APPEAR BEFORE THE BOARD" form (available at the Superintendent's office) and submit it prior to the start of the Board of Trustees meeting or workshop to the Superintendent's office located at 2000 North 23rd Street, McAllen, Texas 78501. Public comment shall be limited to two (2) minutes in duration.
- The President or the person acting as Chair of the Board may interrupt or terminate an individual's statement if it is abusive or obscene or personally directed to an individual member of the Board of Trustees.
- Upon invitation from the President or the person serving as Chair, please come forward to the podium, state your name, address, and group affiliation (if applicable) for the record and direct your comments to the Board of Trustees. Please speak clearly into the microphone and make sure that the microphone is close to your mouth.