McAllen ISD is committed to each student’s success in learning within a responsive and safe environment. We are committed to providing a learning environment, which is free from discrimination, threats, bullying and harassment for all students. It is important to support all individuals involved to make sure the bullying doesn’t continue and effects can be minimized.
► Imbalance of Power: Involved parties feel differently about the outcome
- Target feels scared, afraid or hurt
- Aggressor feels empowered or unconcerned
► Repeated over time
- Severe, persistent, pervasive
- To harm others or gain real or perceived power
A conflict to be mediated – this sends the message that both parties are responsible
► Rite of passage or a normal part of growing up
► Harmless fun
McAllen ISD is committed to providing a safe, respectful and fear-free environment for all members of the school community.
- A reporting system for the students and parents to report bullying situations
- A plan of action that outlines each school’s response to the bullying situation
- School staff will be offered training and materials on bullying prevention
- All students will receive lessons that will help them to recognize, report and respond to bullying situations
- Helps students make safe, smart, and ethical decisions in the digital world where they live, study and play.
- Deter bullying problems among students
- To prevent the development of new bullying concerns
- To achieve better peer relations at school.