Focus Area 4: Customer Service
McAllen ISD strives to deliver A+ customer service to all parents and community members. It is our goal to establish a positive learning environment and for all visitors to feel welcomed and part of the McAllen ISD family. When you visit our campuses and departments, you can expect:
THE 5 DOMAINS
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulation
- Social Skills
COURTESY AND RESPECT
- Treat customers with respect and dignity.
- Be polite, calm, and understanding.
- Be a good listener.
- Be courteous and respectful.
GREETING & COMMUNICATION
- Greet customers with a smile and make eye contact.
- Speak in a pleasant tone of voice and in a friendly manner.
- Be mindful of non-verbal communication (facial expressions and body language).
- Be a good listener and attend to customer needs.
- Be open and honest.
GO THE EXTRA MILE
- Assume responsibility for assisting and directing customers.
- Answer phone calls as promptly as possible.
- Don’t leave customers waiting. Acknowledge them as soon as possible.
- Return phone calls promptly.
- Create a safe work environment.
- Create a neat and clean work environment. Avoid mess and clutter.
- Create an inviting and family-friendly environment.
- Appearance is important. Dress in a professional manner.