Receive School News The Way You Choose
McAllen ISD presently uses School Messenger as the official communication platform to correspond with parents via email, text, and voice mail. Part of our School District’s mission is to actively involve parents and the community.
To make sure that you’re receiving school news and alerts in the ways that work best for you, the District is launching a new communications app that allows you to modify the type of messages you receive. This app will allow the District to comply with federal regulations and new state regulations - https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86R/billtext/html/SB00944F.htm.
The School Messenger app allows parents to receive school news the way they choose! It also includes new features and options, and is for both families and teachers. With the new SchoolMessenger app, staff, parents and community members have 24/7/365 access to important school notifications such as weather and emergency alerts. In addition, starting later in September the app can allow teachers and parents to directly communicate with each other, individually or in groups, all from within the same app.
Sign up for the FREE SchoolMessenger app today to do the following:
- Set your communications preferences for calls, emails, texts, and more.
- Use the following code to join McAllen ISD alerts & notifications: M8RXAA.
- Use the code provided by your child’s principal and teachers to receive campus and teacher communications.
- Receive all kinds of school messages (school and district notifications & activity alerts, with classroom and group updates coming later in September) in one single app.
- Review your messages on any device – smartphone, laptop, etc.
Go to http://go.schoolmessenger.com to download the SchoolMessenger mobile app for Apple and Android devices or use the web-based version from your Internet browser.
Get started with the SchoolMessenger app today!